Best Free Bets in the UK
18+ New Players only. For free bet wagering requirements and minimum odds read T&C’s. www.begambleaware.org Terms Apply
18+ New Customers Only. Minimum Deposit and wagering on sport to activate the Free Bet is £20. Customers who deposit using Neteller, Paysafe, Skrill or Skril 1-Tap will not be eligible for any free bet offer.BeGambleaware.org
New customers only, min deposit and bet £10 (£20 if E/W bet) from UK Debit card only. Paypal not accepted. Min odds evens (1/5 per multi selection). 4x £5 Free Bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned, no cash out. T&Cs apply.
18+, T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org. New customers only. Max one £15 Free Bet. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 2.0(1/1) or greater. Paid as a bonus token with min odds reg. Further T&Cs apply
18+, Welcome Bonus: New Players only, 1st Deposit, Min Deposit,: £10, max £10 free bet valid for 14 days, bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 or greater and be settled within 14 days of placement. System bets no eligible. Full T&Cs apply.
18+ New Players only. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org.
Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30FB - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply
18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org, Please Gamble Responsibly. Maximum stake is £10. Exclusive to new members.
18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org.
18+ New Customers only. Deposit, opt in and place a £10 qualifying bet at odds of 2.00 or greater within 7 days of opening a new account; excludes cashed out bets. Receive a £10 Free Sports Bets, valid on set events only at odds 2.00 or greater, expires in 7 days. Plus a £10 Game Show Bonus, selected games, wager 40x to withdraw a max of £250. PayPal and Card Payments only. Geographical Restrictions and T&Cs Apply, See Below. Please Gamble Responsibly.
Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. New players only. www.begambleaware.org
18+. Play safe. New customers using Promo code H30 only, Min £10/€10 stake, min odds 1/2, free bets paid as 2 x £15/€15, free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet, free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed, payment method/player/country restrictions apply.
New Customers. First settled bet £/€10 (£10 E/W+) - £/€25 (£25 E/W+) at odds 2.0+ qualifies. If first settled bet loses, free bet credited within 24 hours of bet settlement, use within 7 days, Stake not returned. Full T&Cs Apply
18+. New depositing players on STSbet.co.uk only. Promotion from 11.02.2020 until further notice. First deposit min £10. Qualifying bet: min. £10 accumulator bet with at least two selections with min odds of 1/2 (1.5). Bonus: 50% of the amount of the first bet. Max bonus £40. Min 6x wagering with bonus on min odds of 1/2 (1.5) before withdrawal. Bonus valid for 7 days. BeGambleAware.org.
18+. Mobile exclusive. Min stake £10. Min odds Evs. First bet only. 30 days to qualify. Free bets expire in 7 days. Cashed out bets won’t apply. Payment method restrictions. UK customers only. One Free Bet offer per customer, household and IP Address only. T&Cs apply
18+. UK only. Whilst this promotion has no end date, it is available for new players who have registered at EnergyBet after 31.08.2020 and valid only for their first qualifying Sportsbook bet. Cash stakes only. Min. £10 deposit required. Min. total odds of 3/4. Min. odds for each selection 1/4. Bonus amount £10. Bonus funds to be wagered 1x on odds of 4/5 or higher. Bets placed for both sides, with the same outcome and for the same event, will be disqualified. Virtual Sports bets do not qualify. Cashed out bets do not qualify. Other T&Cs apply. Be gamble aware. Please bet responsibly
18+. Customers will be awarded £15 in Free Bets and £15 in Extra spins for Casino and Vegas. New Customers Only. Freebets valid for 3 days Extra spins valid for 7 days. T&Cs apply www.begambleaware.org
Qualifying stake must be on Horse Racing, Premier League, Championship or Champions League home or away selections. Minimum odds of 1.8 on qualifying bet. Bets on the draw will not qualify for a free bet. Deposit using code SNWEL25. Valid once per customer. Free bet expires after 30 days. Max winnings from free bet £1000.
New customer offer. Place 5 x £10 or more bets to receive £20 in free bets. Repeat up to 5 times to receive maximum £100 bonus. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Exchange bets excluded. T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Place your FIRST bet on any sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is £20. Only deposits made using Cards or Apple Pay will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply. Paddy's Rewards Club: Get a £10 free bet when you place 5x bets of £10+. T&Cs apply.
18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org. Only available to new customers from UK £ Northern Ireland. You must stake £10 or more at single/cumulative odds of Evens (2.0) or greater on your first bet. Free bet balance of £30 credited within 48 hours of your first bet being settled. Free Bets expire after 7 days. Offer not available to customers registering on 14/04/2018. E-Wallet restrictions apply. Game restrictions apply. Maximum 30 Extra Spins on selected games. Extra Spins expire after 7 days. Full T&Cs apply.
New customers only. Qualifying bets must be placed before midnight 31/12/20. £10 Free bet credited when your first bet on Glory Goals settles. Min odds 1.6. Free bet min odds 1.1 and must be used in 7 days. 18+ BeGambleAware. Full terms apply.
New customers only. Minimum deposit £10. Free bets credited, regardless of first bet outcome (win/loss), once £10+ qualifying sportsbook bet has been placed. Free bet available for use on any market. Horse racing is excluded from offer. Cashed out bets will cancel the offer. First qualifying bet only. Free bet offer will expire after 30 days. £20 Casino bonus credited next working day from first deposit and has 35x wagering requirement. 18+. UK residents only. T&Cs Apply. Begambleaware.org
18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org.
18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org.
18+ New UK+IRE customers. Paypal and certain deposit types and bet types excluded. Min £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4 x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days on sports, stake not returned, restrictions apply. T&Cs apply
Every betting customer enjoys receiving a free bet and the good news is that the vast majority of the best betting sites offer a welcome bonus when you first register a betting account. It’s quite straightforward to qualify for a free bet and generally involves you making a first deposit and then placing a first bet with the bookie in question.
Every top bookmaker has a different free bet available for new customers, while some will also give existing customers the opportunity to land bonuses and we have the full list of operators and corresponding free bets so that you can make informed decisions about the offers that work for you.
Please note that the bookies regularly change their welcome bonuses. Therefore, if you find a particular free bet attractive, we would recommend taking it as quickly as possible because there is often a time limit before the promotions are changed, especially if something is proving popular and the bookies are taking a hit.
The Different Types of Free Bet
Each bookmaker has a different free bet promotion and it’s important to read the key terms and conditions before qualifying for each offer. We aim to provide as much information about each operator and its bonus so that you’re fully equipped to land the free bet, although you can contact their customer service department should you require further information.
- Matched free bets: These are probably the most common type, with new customers needing to make a first deposit after opening an account with a bookmaker. They then need to place a qualifying bet and, when this wager is settled, the bookie will credit your account with a free bet to the same stake. There is usually an odds requirement for your qualifying bet such as 1/5 (1.20) or 1/2 (1.50).
- No deposit free bets: You can occasionally land yourself a free bet without having to make a deposit. It might still be the case that you need to register your payment details although a bookie might then credit your account with a bonus without having to risk any of your own money. Naturally, it’s great to bet with risk-free money although there are likely to be turnover requirements before any withdrawal can be made, and no deposit bonuses would be more common with casinos.
- Reload bonuses: After you’ve claimed a welcome bonus, the bookies will want you to keep returning to their site and reload bonuses often attract repeat business. You might get an email from a bookmaker offering you the chance to enjoy a reload bonus when you log in and make another deposit and this could even be another 100% match if you’re lucky.
- Risk-free bets: Online sports betting generally carries some level of risk to your funds, although that’s not always the case. There are first-class bookmakers who will give new customers a risk-free bet offer and this generally involves getting money back if your opening wager is a loser. So you either get to keep the profit if you win and get money back if it loses.
- Qualifying free bets: So you might open a bookmaker account and follow the terms and conditions to generate a free bet. However, there might then be qualifying conditions before a withdrawal can be made. Sometimes you need to bet through this free bet amount a certain number of times before a withdrawal can be made and there might also be a minimum odds requirement.
- In-Play bonuses: In-Play betting has become increasingly popular over the past few years and there are bookmakers who run free bet promotions where customers can enjoy In-Play bonuses. These offers generally centre around big football matches and it might require you to bet a certain amount on a pre-match betting market before the bookie then allow you to enjoy an In-Play bonus when the match in question has kicked off.
- Moneyback specials: You’re not always going to back a winner when you place a bet, although you can sometimes get losing stakes refunded thanks to the moneyback specials that are available with certain bookmakers. These are often called MBS and a bookie might specify that if a team wins a particular match or a player scores in the game, you can enjoy money back on losing bets as a free bet.
|Brand||Free Bet Value||Loyalty Programme||Free Bet Expiry||Bonus||Claim Bonus|
|100||N||30 days||Open Account Offer - Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365||Claim Bonus||Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. New players only. www.begambleaware.org|
|20||Y||7 Days||Bet £10 Get £20||Claim Bonus||New customers only, min deposit and bet £10 (£20 if E/W bet) from UK Debit card only. Paypal not accepted. Min odds evens (1/5 per multi selection). 4x £5 Free Bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned, no cash out. T&Cs apply.|
|40||N||7 Days||Bet £10 Get £40||Claim Bonus||18+. New depositing players on STSbet.co.uk only. Promotion from 11.02.2020 until further notice. First deposit min £10. Qualifying bet: min. £10 accumulator bet with at least two selections with min odds of 1/2 (1.5). Bonus: 50% of the amount of the first bet. Max bonus £40. Min 6x wagering with bonus on min odds of 1/2 (1.5) before withdrawal. Bonus valid for 7 days. BeGambleAware.org.|
Find the Best Free Bet Offer for you
Quite simply, there has never been so much choice and that’s great news if you haven’t opened up an online betting account with any bookmaker so far. However, the wide range of available free bets can often be confusing and it’s important to take your time and pick out the promotions which work best for you.
We recommend that you’re always comfortable with the amount you need to deposit and bet in order to qualify for a free bet, while it also makes sense to focus on bookie at a time rather than trying to generate bonuses with several operators simultaneously as this could prove overwhelming.
There is no limit as to how many different online betting accounts you can have. Indeed, we recommend that it’s worth signing up with a number of new betting sites. Firstly, that means you can land yourself multiple free bets and hopefully enjoy a winning start. Secondly, you can then benefit from existing customer offers and for example, more competitive horse racing odds in the long run.
Free Bets for New Customers
The vast majority of free bet promotions are designed for new customers considering that the bookmakers are always trying to bolster the number of registered players who are visiting their website on a daily basis. They are often generous and could see a bookie offer you a matched free bet which should be used wisely.
Many new customers use free bets recklessly and go for a big-priced selection in the hope of landing a big return, although it pays to be more calculated and look for a betting option that you consider to be a value proposition. It’s always good to make a winning start and get ahead of the curve when your bookie offers you free money.
Free Bets for Existing Customers
You might have to work harder to land a free bet when you’re an existing customer although there are promotions out there, especially when there are big sporting events like Champions League football, the Cheltenham Festival and the US Masters. It’s always worth visiting the bookmaker websites during busy weeks to see what offers are available and you can hopefully secure some bonuses.
Alternatively, we often receive an email thanking us for being a loyal customer and getting the chance to use a free bet. The same applies to many other customers and the size of the free bet tends to differ according to your average stake and whether you’re regarded as a “winning” or a “losing” customer.
Football Betting Offers
Many of us love betting on football and there are regularly offers regularly available when it comes to key competitions such as the Premier League, Champions League and World Cup. We’re talking about In-Play free bets, Acca Insurance, Money Back Specials and Price Boosts, while many new customers will also qualify for their welcome bonus by betting on football and then using their free bet on a different match.
Bookmakers vary on whether they will offer cash out on bets placed with free bets. It's worth checking out each betting sites T's & C's before joining.
|Brand||In-Play Football||Bet Builder Football||Manager Sack Race Betting||Bonus||Claim Bonus|
|Y||Y||Y||Bet £10, Get £30 in Free Bets + £10 Casino Bonus||Claim Bonus||Minimum deposit of £10 using deposit code 30FB - A qualifying bet is a ‘real money’ stake of at least £10 placed on any sports market - Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5) - Free bets credited upon qualifying bet settlement and expire after 7 days - Free bet stakes not included in returns - Casino Bonus must be claimed within 7 days • To withdraw bonus/related wins, wager bonus amount x40 within 14 days • Wagering req. vary by game • Withdrawal restrictions and Full T&C’s apply|
|Y||N||N||Bet £20, Get £10||Claim Bonus||18+ New Customers Only. Minimum Deposit and wagering on sport to activate the Free Bet is £20. Customers who deposit using Neteller, Paysafe, Skrill or Skril 1-Tap will not be eligible for any free bet offer.BeGambleaware.org|
|Y||Y||Y||Open Account Offer - Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365||Claim Bonus||Min deposit £5. Bet Credits available for use upon settlement of bets to value of qualifying deposit. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. New players only. www.begambleaware.org|
Horse Racing Free Bets
For most UK bookmakers, horse racing is one of the leading sports when it comes to turnover and it therefore means that they will have free bets available for the big meetings. Whether it’s the Cheltenham Festival, Royal Ascot or Glorious Goodwood, it’s likely that an operator might boost their its standard free bet and offer a new customer something special.
You might even find that a particular horse is the subject of a Price Boost so that you’re able to bet small stakes on a runner at 30/1 when the actual price should be evens. The winnings are sometimes paid in free bets and this is an excellent way of getting started, although you’ll often find a matched free bet as an alternative here.
Cheltenham Free Bets
We would say the Cheltenham Festival is the best time to either open a new bookmaker account or alternatively have an active existing bookie account. If you’re a new player, Cheltenham is the time to land the biggest bonuses with some firms, with this four-day meeting being a huge opportunity for bookmakers to land new players.
There are Money Back Specials, free bets if you back a winner at a certain price and the chance to enjoy a free bet if you bet on the opening race of each day of the meeting. A shrewd customer will end up generating a large number of bonuses throughout Cheltenham week.
Grand National Free Bets
The bookmakers tend to be split over the Grand National so you might not always find a free bet available for the Aintree extravaganza. Some firms will pull up the drawbridge and try to avoid once-a-year punters with their welcome bonus, although others are more generous and there’s the chance to have a free shot at backing the winner of the world’s most famous steeplechase.
Royal Ascot Free Bets
When it comes to flat horse race meetings in the UK, none are bigger than Royal Ascot, with five days of high-quality action taking place in front of huge crowds. This popular event leads the bookies to regularly pull out the stops with their free bets and you can often enjoy a more generous welcome bonus during Royal Ascot than you would find in a typical week.
|Brand||Daily Racing Specials||Live Streaming Racing||Ante Post Betting||Tote/Other Markets||Claim Bonus|
Free Bets FAQ's
Can I use my free bet on mobile devices?
- Yes, most bookmakers will allow you to claim the same free bet offer whether you’re betting on desktop or mobile.
Are free bets available to new customers only?
- The most generous free bets generally apply to new customers, although existing customers can regularly land free bets when it comes to big sporting events.
What is a wagering requirement?
- A wagering requirement means the number of times you have to play through a certain amount of money before you can qualify for a free bet or a bonus.
Can I cash out with a free bet?
- There is sometimes the chance to cash out your free bet. If this option is available, you should be able to see the cash out value after you have placed the bet.
What are VIP and loyalty schemes?
- These schemes are aimed at customers who bet with the same bookmaker on a regular basis. You can earn loyalty points and VIP customers will get several perks including more free bets.
Which betting sites give free bets to new players?
- The vast majority of bookmakers will offer you a free bet when you get started. Take a look through our list and work out which free bet is the most appealing to you.
Can I use multiple free bets?
- You can't open multiple accounts with the same bookmaker although there is no limit as to how many different free bets you can claim. Some customers take the welcome bonus from every bookie that is listed at on our website.
How do free bets work?
- The vast majority of free bets are provided by a bookmaker when a customer registers a betting account, makes a first deposit and then places a first bet. The free bet is then credited and you can bet on a selection with the bonus cash.
I haven’t received my free bet stake return, what’s wrong?
- Free bet stakes are generally not included in any returns. You should bear this in mind when it comes to betting with a free bet and find odds that will secure you a desirable return.
Are all payment methods eligible for free bets?
- Not always. Read the terms and conditions where you might find that new customers e-wallet payment solutions such as Skrill, Neteller and PayPal won't be eligible for a free bet.
What does free bet returned mean?
- Sometimes a bookmaker will include the free bet stake as part of your overall returns. So they will credit you with a bonus and you can bet in the knowledge that you will get the stake and the profit from that bet .